How to Edit Any Web Page in Browser
This tutorial is about editing any webpage in the browser. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Edit Any Web Page in Browser. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to edit any webpage in browser
What if I told you that you can edit any webpage or website on the Internet right from your personal computer without any special software or crazy computer programming skills? It’s easy! The only thing you need for this hack to work is the popular Google Chrome web browser. You can use this trick to change the look of any web page on your local computer.
This means that it is localized; only you can see it because it only affects the static page on your computer. It is also temporary. Once you update, reload, whatever, the changes you made will be lost. However, it’s still a fun and potentially useful hack.
How to edit web pages
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to edit text on a webpage, even if that website isn’t yours.
- Open any webpage in Chrome and select the webpage text you want to edit.
- Right-click the selected text and choose Inspect Element from the context menu.
- The developer tools will open in the lower half of your browser and the corresponding DOM element will be selected.
- Double click on the selected node and it will go into edit mode. Now edit the text in Dev Tools and click outside the Chrome Dev Tools window to apply the changes.
If you’re familiar with HTML tags, you can use the same technique not only to edit text on web pages, but also to replace images, change formatting styles, and more.
Edit websites as wiki
- document.body.contentEditable = true
This will make your entire web page editable like a Wiki or Word document. Now you can click anywhere on the web page and start typing.
Final words: how to edit any web page in the browser
I hope you understand this article How to Edit Any Web Page in Browser, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.