Low daily COVID count of 12,751 linked to data system ‘glitch’

Technical glitches hit the Department of Health’s COVID Kaya data repository system on Tuesday, resulting in a relatively small number of 12,751 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday amid record infections due to community transmission of the Delta variant. “This issue is currently being resolved with the Department of Information and Communications Technology. We can expect higher numbers in the coming days as we resolve the issue, ”the department said in a statement. This developed when President Rodrigo Duterte apologized to those who believe he has failed to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. “I have fulfilled my oath of office. If you think I failed, sorry. I did my best. If my best wasn’t good enough, I apologize. It was the best I could do, ”the president said in a recorded message broadcast Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, the healthcare utilization rate (HCUR) has reached 85% or a critical risk level in 14 of 32 COVID-19 referral hospitals nationwide amid increase in new cases COVID-19, GMA News reported. HCUR refers to the occupation of isolation, service and intensive care beds and the use of mechanical ventilators. Although five laboratories did not submit data on time, the total number of registered cases in the country stood at 2,134,005, with 151,135 or 7.1% active infections and a positivity rate of 28 , 1% – nearly 3 in 10 people screened for the positive virus. There were also 174 COVID-related deaths, bringing the death toll to 34,672. Recoveries, meanwhile, increased from 20,151 to 1,948,198. Based on GMA News data, the HCUR was at 100 percent for Tropical Medicine Research Institute and Amai Pakpak Medical Center, 99 percent for Region 1 Medical Center and Southern Philippines Medical Center, and 96 percent for National Kidney and Transplant Institute. , the Philippine Lung Center, and Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center. The utilization rate was 95% for UP-Philippine General Hospital and Quirino Memorial Medical Center, 92% for Batangas Medical Center, and 91% for Jose Lingad Memorial Regional Hospital and Dr. Paulino Garcia Memorial. . Cagayan Valley Medical Center in Region II reported an HCUR of 86 percent, the lowest of 14 referral hospitals, while Dr. Jose N. Rodriguez Memorial Hospital recorded 89 percent. According to the data, five referral hospitals are also considered high risk, that is, when registered between 70 and 85 percent. These are Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center at 70 percent, San Lazaro Hospital at 71 percent, North Mindanao Medical Center at 75 percent, Cotabato Region and Medical Center at 76 percent. percent and the Western Visayas Medical Center at 77 percent. The DOH has previously said that 5,435 of the 6,808 beds at all COVID-19 referral hospitals are occupied, while 1,440 of the 1,815 intensive care beds are in use. About a third or 608 of the total 966 mechanical fans are also used. Meanwhile, Duterte called on healthcare workers to be patient with deferred benefit payments owed to them amid the pandemic, saying their benefits will be released as soon as the government gets the money for it. “I want to tell our health workers that if we have the money, we will pay you these benefits because if not, why would we keep the money? ” he said. “Give us time to adjust the finances because we had to collect whatever was left or available under Bayanihan 1 and 2 [laws]. We ask for a little understanding, ”added Duterte. Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, who was present during Duterte’s speech, admitted that the government was still seeking funding for meal, accommodation and transportation (MAT) allowances for healthcare workers in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. “The MAT allocation needed, the DBM (Department of Budget and Management) and DOH are currently seeking funds for these benefits so that we can provide them to health workers in public and private hospitals,” Duque said. The health chief said that from September 2020 to June this year, the government released 14.3 billion pesos in benefits for health workers. Since then, Duque said the government has also released 311 million pesos and 888 million pesos for the special risk allowance of health workers. The SRA was released after health workers protested en masse and threatened to resign as the country battles the surge in COVID-19 cases.

DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this website are in no way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are the opinions of the readers of manilastandard.net exercising their right to free speech and do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or point of view of manilastandard.net. While reserving the right in this post to remove comments deemed offensive, indecent, or inconsistent with Manila Standard’s editorial standards, Manila Standard cannot be held responsible for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.


Source link

Comments are closed.